20120830

Shed the tears, pick up the sword and fight.

It's almost a year since I quit my first job. Subsequently, I continue study full time ACCA. Somehow, my result does not turn out to be good and I don't feel like wasting my time any more. In case I fail it again, I will have the savings to compensate me at least and I won't feel like losing everything again. So, I started my miserable job searching and interviews journey again.

3 emails were sent three days ago and so far only one replied and ask me for an interview. I prepared my documents, updated my resume and fill up the employment form right before the interview day. Today, I went for the interview and this post will be mainly about the interview. Here it goes.

I think is my problem to underestimate this public listed company, I do not take it seriously. Once I step into the office, I get shocked when I saw a lots of angmohs and white collars having meeting in the meeting room. Then, the officer pass me an assessment test to evaluate my Maths, IQ and behavioural response. This is something I do not expected and those questions are quite challenging. While I was cracking my head to answer the questions, the officer came to collect the script after 40mins. I haven't finish answering, I said. Well, never mind, you can go for the interviews now and complete the questions later because the interview panels are waiting. WHAT! I thought you are the one who will be interview me later, I muttering to myself.
He brought me to the next building and then ask me to take off my heels and stand on the weighing machine, they measure my height after that. Excuse me! I'm coming for an accountant or finance officer interview, not for a model search!!    

After they got my BMI, they said I'm ready to go for interview now. A young lady interviewed me and ask me to introduce myself first. Then, she asked me some typical interview questions like what's your strength and weakness, family background, interest, preferred working conditions.. I answered it accordingly with my not-so-fluent english. After that, I asked for my basic salary and allowances entitlement which I think it is every one's main concern in the interview. Surprisingly, they offered me more than I expected. It just that my priority is to work under finance that will be soon relocated to work at Empire, Subang. Another option is to work as account executive in Klang which was like super near to my house. That means if I select to work as accountant here which against my interest, I could have earned my basic salary and my fixed travelling allowance every month plus not getting myself caught in the traffic jam. 

After the young lady's interview, the boss came in. He answered by queries patiently and explain to me that the company is actually concerned with their employees' health. That's why they will measure your BMI three month once and their in-house nutritionist will advise you to exercise or take healthy foods in case you are overweight or obese. Ohhhhhh, no wonder laa... You will be also giving a toothbrush and toothpaste once you joined the company and you are required to brush your teeth every 3 hours, he adds on. Spot checks will be conducted in order to check whether you brush your teeth or not??? I showed him with my unbelievable expression when he told me about this. The company is also encouraging their staffs to join sports and activities, for example, you are welcome to join the badminton game every Wednesday and the company subsidies you 50% if you joined Fitness First. It is so amazing on how they care about their employees besides the stringent rules.   

Then, Mr Boss said he is done by asking me questions and now is my turn to ask him. What? my mind was totally blank at the moment. Hmm, have you taken your lunch? wtf, I felt like slapping myself for asking this stupid question. I asked him how long he joined the company and can he strike a balance between his family and working subsequently. 

Overall, I think my performance is acceptable but not outstanding. I should have take it more seriously. Well, it passed, and nothing I can do for now besides waiting for their answer. Anyway, the company culture really drop my jaw. I do wish to join the big family, so god bless me. *fingers & toes crossed* Teehee. =)

No comments: